Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So Proud!




This little lady is one of the loves of my life (she's making a funny face in the bottom picture and has chocolate all over her lips, but it's my favorite recent picture of the two of us). When I found out I was getting a niece, I could not wait to teach her everything I know. Over the last two years I have taught her love frosting and jello, the art of great water fight, and how to sound like a snake.

I have been proud every time she has learned a new trick, but tonight topped it all! Ensley doesn't really like bedtime, so Lisa and Evan have a rule that if she gets out of bed her babies go to timeout for the rest of the night. Tonight, after about an hour and a half after putting her to bed, Lisa went to check on Ens and found her reading a book with a flashlight! Lisa wasn't pleased, but Ens never got out bed. She was obeying the rule.

Now, I may not have "taught" her this trick, but I am sure she gets it from me. Maybe it can be taught telepathically or something because I don't know how many times I stayed up with a flashlight (once my mom even found me hiding in the walk-in-closet because it had better light). I can't wait to see what this girl comes up with next!

No comments: