Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bearadise

This is my new favorite place on earth. In June, my parents bought a cabin in Blairsville in the North Georgia Mountains. I looked for a picture of the cabin from the outside but I guess we don't have one. I LOVE this place. The cabin came fully furnished and it is completely decorated in bears. If I could, I would spend all my time there. It has an amazing screened-in porch which looks down over the yard.

The porch is great during sunrise and sunset. Ensley loves to swing on that swing in the back. We've rocked her to sleep a few ways out there (Will is happy anywhere in the cabin as long as he is being cuddled).
The fire pit is another on of my favorite parts. We build a fire almost every night when we are up there and I don't even want to think about how many s'mores I have eaten in the past two months. Ensley likes "cooking" marshmallows and eating the chocolate, but the concept of s'more's hasn't quite set in yet. The pit is also nice to just sit around and talk. My brother and his friends built the best fire a few weeks ago, we melted 3 glass bottles in about 15 minutes. I took a group of friends up this weekend and we all sat around the fire talking until 2:30 in the morning. I don't know what it is, but fire pits bring people together.

I'll post more pictures of the cabin soon, I just need to get them off other people's cameras. If anyone wants to come out and visit, we'll go up there. There is tons of hiking, river rafting, and other outdoor stuff to do there. Like I said, it is my new favorite place..

No comments: